Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Indeterminacy of the Will..?


I'm crap at philosophy so, I not going to philosophize. All I'm going to do is try to decide if it is mechanically possible for the will to be indeterminate.

So. First - What in the universe, that we have some evidence for, is indeterminate..?

Answer. Quanta. And Bell's Theorum


Anyway, I'm crap at maths too, so if Bell says "quanta are indeterminate" I'll simply say "Sir, yes sir." And salute.

So, okay, quantum level systems are indeterminate, anything bigger however quickly succumbs to cause and effect.

So, next question, does the brain have a quantum component..?

...Continued...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the will is not free, moral responsibility is moot.

-Imp

Tab said...

Yep, sure is. Thanks for reading Imp.

Anonymous said...

I don't get any love?

--JustSomeGuy AkA Xunzian

Tab said...

Sure, I'm selling it at 50 cents a kilo. Special price. With/without roofie-nipple. How much do you want..?